Home / Tennis / Ilie Nastase: Madrid Open 'irresponsible' to invite Romanian to ceremony says WTA

Ilie Nastase: Madrid Open 'irresponsible' to invite Romanian to ceremony says WTA

Related eBooks
Ilie Nastase and Simona Halep

Romanian Fed Cup captain Ilie Nastase’s presence at the Madrid Open trophy presentation ceremony was “irresponsible and unacceptable”, said the head of women’s tennis.

Nastase, 70, is under investigation by the International Tennis Federation (ITF) following his behaviour at last month’s Fed Cup tie with Britain.

Nastase shared the stage with Madrid champion Simona Halep on Saturday.

About